I am the Law.
It’s never been easy. But it’s what I have to do. Who I am.
My City needs me. She crawls with hoods and sharpers and I’m the only one who can pinch them for good.
But I’ve got no kick. Not every moment is hell. I’ve met someone. I think this is Love.
I want to make her happy. Make her smile. She’s got a damn right smile and in it I see humanity. Redemption. Some kind of… I don’t know. Some kind of good.
There’s got to be some kind of good, hasn’t there?
My City, I used to be pretty dizzy over her. We used to have a thing. It wasn’t nothing. But I still wonder if I maybe never quite got past it.
She came to me at the dump tonight. Said I better watch myself with that dame. Said if I broke her heart she’d break mine, and a few other organs to boot.
Honestly every time I give this jane the dust I remember plenty of things I wish I could forget.
And some things I wouldn’t forget for all the scratch in the world.
- thislousytshirt likes this
- bathrobehugs reblogged this from atomicshockley and added:
- periwinkle-life likes this
- gigilysrose reblogged this from atomicshockley and added:
- spaz-san reblogged this from atomicshockley
- tyrianquerida reblogged this from atomicshockley and added:
- thesupernaturaldoctorat221b reblogged this from hardly-questionable
- thesupernaturaldoctorat221b likes this
- admiraloblivious reblogged this from hardly-questionable and added:
- spaz-san likes this
- gigilysrose likes this
- web-of-t-ruth reblogged this from atomicshockley and added:
- hardly-questionable reblogged this from atomicshockley and added:
- web-of-t-ruth likes this
- bluerosefragments likes this
- atomicshockley posted this